Hi I’m JJ,
I help wannabe adventurers to fearlessly explore and care for our beautiful planet and themselves.
Travel across the borderline aims to be an inclusive community for quirky, fearless warriors and adventure-preneurs, who care deeply for our beautiful planet and their own mental wellbeing.
If you’re looking for perfectly styled travel shots of beautiful girls posing in long flowy dresses at the top of a mountain, then this probably isn’t the place for you (Like seriously, how do they even get those shots?!)
But if you’re looking for…
- Real, honest, warts n all, travel reviews
- Radical self-love
- Ethical travel advice for the fearless eco-warrior
- Unique adventure destinations
- Encouragement to achieve your travel dreams
- Resources to help you start your own journey as an adventure-preneur
- Travel planning services
- A community that supports each other and celebrates neurodiversity
Then come on in! Join us! Pull up a virtual bar stool, take a shot for courage and let’s work together to create a safe space where we can love travel, love the planet and love ourselves.
Travel across the borderline aims to be a travel blog with a difference. I use my unique perspective as a conservation scientist, world traveller and BPD sufferer to inspire others to dare to leave their comfort zones and embrace fearless travel as a tool for mental wellbeing whilst travelling sustainably and protecting our beautiful planet.
I also educate others on how to start their own journey as a travel blogger and to reach for their true happiness through travel, sustainability and self-care.
I used to spend every waking minute dreaming about travel, I would plan trip after trip that I would never take because I never had enough time or money, I was too anxious, I was too busy, I felt too guilty, etc. etc. excuses, excuses…
Then a few years ago my whole life fell apart (dramatic, I know), my mental health plummeted and after hitting rock bottom I was finally diagnosed with BPD and then I literally had to pick up the pieces of my shattered life and start over from scratch.
As traumatic as this was, it made me realise that life is too short to waste it dreaming about ‘someday’.
So I became a woman on a mission and decided to do everything possible to make my travel dreams a reality.
I researched and tested every money-making trick I came across, every travel hack and every side hustle I could think of, I worked on my mental health, I learned how to reconcile my love of travel and love for the environment and I reset my mindset.
And guess what? It worked! Since 2018 I have travelled to 18 countries (and it would have been way more if a certain pandemic hadn’t got in the way!)
And now I want the same for you, I want to help you to create your own freedom to travel without having to stress about time, money, anxiety or guilt.
A few fun facts!
1.I’m never happier than when I have a glass of wine in one hand and I’m petting a cat with the other
2. I’m a qualified marine mammal medic, which means I get called out to help when whales and dolphins get stranded on a beach.
3. My guilty pleasure is watching bad shark movies! Megashark vs Giant octopus is my all-time fave!
Where have I been?
29 countries and counting!
Travel Across The Borderline Values
What I stand for…
- Ethical & responsible travel
- Amplifying local and indigenous voices
- Advocating on behalf of marginalised groups
- Sustainability and eco-conscious practices
- Vegan & vegetarian travel
- Mental health advocacy
- Making travel inclusive and accessible