About Travel Across The Borderline
Are you looking for adventure but don’t know where to start?
I’m going to help you get out of your comfort zone and explore more of the world!
I’ll teach you how to:
- Find hidden gems (even in the world’s most popular tourist destinations!)
- Seek out the most unique travel experiences
- Get off the beaten path
- Gain the confidence to travel to misunderstood places
- Have a real adventure!
Are you ready to live your best life?
Hi, I’m JJ
I love a good adventure and have a passion for misunderstood places, post-conflict destinations and responsible tourism.
I love to get off the beaten path and explore some of the most unique destinations in the world.
I have a particular soft spot for ex-soviet states, disputed territories, countries that don’t officially exist and the Middle East.
I started to seek out some of these more unique destinations and experiences back in 2018.
Since then I have…
- Backpacked solo in Palestine
- Hitchhiked around Albania
- Delved into the politics of Kosovo
- Explored former KGB prisons
- And so much more!
When I first started to engage in this more adventurous style of travel I relied heavily on travel blogs, guidebooks and other travellers to help me to find the most unique experiences.
However, I quickly realised that a lot of the blogs I was reading were written by men and oftentimes the experiences they had in some of these more challenging destinations simply weren’t safe or even available to me as a young woman travelling alone.
I didn’t want to let that stop me from exploring these places and no way was I about to let the guys have all the fun! So I quickly had to adapt and learn how to navigate offbeat destinations safely as a solo female traveller.
Today I like to think that I’m an expert at it!
That’s why I created this blog. I want to help adventure travel become more accessible to women.
I’ll teach you how to…
find hidden gems (even in some of the world’s most popular destinations!),
Gain the confidence to travel solo,
And give you the inspiration to travel to some of the world’s most unique, off-the-beaten-path and misunderstood travel destinations!
Travel Across The Borderline Values
What I stand for…
- Ethical & responsible travel
- Dispelling the myths and stereotypes of misunderstood destinations
- Amplifying local and indigenous voices
- Advocating on behalf of marginalised groups
- Sustainability and eco-conscious travel
- Vegan & vegetarian travel
- Mental health advocacy
- Making travel inclusive and accessible